Monday, January 23, 2006

Yup, I'm Heading to Afghanistan

Although I've been planning this trip for about a month, I can now tell the world (since I just informed my parents - I'm 35 years old and still care what they think!) that I'm heading to Afghanistan for a 10-day trip. No, I haven't lost my mind. I have a voracious curiosity for unknowns and Afghanistan is a big unknown.

I'm heading over with a small, non-profit group that works with peace-keeping organizations. The focus is to meet with various women's organizations and see the progress women are making in a post-Taliban society.

In order to fund the trip, I'm hoping to get some writing published about the trip and will begin my queries this week. If you're interested in publishing a story with photos, please contact me.

Leading up to my departure and while I prepare, I will post my thoughts and anxieties. While in Afghanistan, I should have access to Internet cafes to post accordingly. Enjoy the journey!

No comments: