Monday, January 23, 2006

Thank God I'm Catholic

Here's a snippet of an IM with my Mom tonight. She beat me in reaching my Grandma to tell her of the trip:

CWAC2444: i am talking to grandma now. she said she would pray for you!!!!!!

(OK, so I'm picturing my 83-year-old Grandmother on her knees, praying against the bed with the rosary between her hands).

JHuber7672: Did you wake her up!?
JHuber7672: Is she upset? Should I call her?
CWAC2444: SHE WAS READING IN BED
CWAC2444: NO, PROBABLY NOT NOW. SHE IS MORE CONCERNED THAN UPSET

(And making Grandma upset isn't a good thing! She can be a bit feisty and speaks her mind - and I got a piece of it when I called her).


CWAC2444: YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY GFROM TRAVELING ALONE TO YELLOWSTONE!!

(Yeah, I have - I was petrified when I first went out to Yellowstone. Not knowing a sole. Since then, I've traveled to England, Sweden, Cuba and Japan. What will this trip have in store?)

No comments: